Scottish Care Review Body.
Scottish Care Review Body has been setup to look at how child protection of Children in Scotland is run and being operated and other things as well, petition 1673 looks at these problems and offers sensible solutions but Scottish Social Work disagrees the question is WHY?
PE01673: Operation and running of child protection services in Scotland
Petitioner: James Mackie
Date Lodged: 18 September 2017
Calling on the Scottish Parliament to urge the Scottish Government to create an independent, QC-led inquiry into the operation and running of child protection services in Scotland.
23 November 2017: The Committee agreed to join the petitions PE1673 and PE1675 together for future consideration and to write to the Scottish Government. Link to Official Report 23 November 2017
10 May 2018: In relation to PE1673, the Committee agreed to write to the Scottish Children’s Reporters Administration, the Association of Directors of Social Work, Who Cares? Scotland and Circle Scotland. The Committee also agreed to close PE1675 under Rule 15.7 of Standing Orders on the basis that the Scottish Government has set out its view of the importance of a child or young person having a right to take part in decisions affecting them; that there are procedures in place to allow the excusal of a child or young person; and that the Government remains open to reviewing whether the current balance and tests are right for children and young people with work being taken forward by the Children’s Hearings Improvement Partnership. Link to Official Report 10 May 2018
25 October 2018: The Committee agreed to write to the Minister for Childcare and Early Years. The Committee also agreed to draw the petition to the attention of the Care Review, chaired by Fiona Duncan. Link to Official Report 25 October 2018
- PE1673/A: Scottish Government submission of 22 December 2017 (145KB pdf)
- PE1673/B: Gary Clapton submission of 11 March 2018 (393KB pdf)
- PE1673/C: Maggie Mellon submission of 11 March 2018 (413Kb pdf)
- PE1673/D: Donald Boyd submission of 04 May 2018 (686KB pdf)
- PE1673/E: Petitioner submission of 4 May 2018 (686KB pdf)
- PE1673/F: Social Work Scotland submission of 13 June 2018 (286KB pdf)
- PE1673/G: Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration submission of 12 June 2018 (438KB pdf)
- PE1673/H: Petitioner submission of 28 July 2018 (765KB pdf)
- PE1673/I: Minister for Children and Young People submission of 6 December 2018 (90KB pdf)
- PE1673/J: Petitioner submission of 8 February 2019 (75KB pdf)
- PE1673/K: Petitioner submission of 10 June 2019 (84KB pdf)